Saturday, July 3, 2010

Introduction

I'm a big fan of the Vancouver Canucks and I have been all my life. Although Wayne Gretzky was my favourite player, the Canucks were my team. It was hard being a Canucks fan growing up in the 1980s. They were mediocre at best, horrible at worst. They didn't have the flash and excitement of the Edmonton Oilers or the winning tradition of the Montreal Canadiens. It seemed all they had going for them were some of the worst uniforms in sports history.

My dad was an original season ticket holder. I'm not sure how much that played a role in my liking the team, but around 1984 or so, I began to feel his pain. I think it was around then that I qualified as a true, lifelong fan. My dad's "wait till next year" philosophy with the Canucks has definitely rubbed off on me.

Recently I've been looking back at those teams and I was surprised about how much I remembered about them. I thought it would be fun to try and collect autographs of my childhood heroes. Here are the results so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment